How Much Can a Toyota Tacoma Tow?
If you’re shopping for a new truck in Morgantown, then you’re looking for a vehicle that can pull your camper on your next vacation or pull a trailer full of equipment for your job. The 2020 Toyota Tacoma is a mid-size pickup truck that can pull up to 6,800 pounds when properly equipped. So whether you’re planning a fishing trip or you need to pull heavy loads for your next Fairmont DIY project, the Toyota Tacoma is more than ready for the job. Learn more about the Toyota Tacoma towing capacity below, then contact us when you’re ready to schedule a test drive!
Toyota Tacoma Towing Package and Towing Capacity
So, how much can a Toyota Tacoma tow? That will ultimately depend on the towing package and trim level you choose. The Toyota Tacoma has six trim levels for Kingwood drivers to choose from, with the upper trims equipped to handle heavier loads. We’ve outlined the Toyota Tacoma towing capacity by trim level for you below:
- The entry-level Toyota Tacoma trims and the SR5 trim level can tow up to 3,500 pounds without a towing package. However, when you opt for the Toyota Tacoma tow package these trims can tow up to 6,400 pounds.
- The upper trim levels of the Toyota Tacoma can pull up to 6,800 pounds and carry a payload of 1,440 pounds when equipped with the 3.5L V6 engine and a Toyota Tacoma tow package.
Toyota Tacoma Performance
The Tacoma towing capacity and tow package aren’t the only thing that make the Tacoma a great pickup for your Deep Creek, MD needs. The Toyota Tacoma also comes with standard and optional performance-enhancing features that will allow your Tacoma to perform at top-efficiency whenever you need it to.
- Standard six-speed Electronically Controlled automatic Transmission with Intelligence (ECT-i)
- Trailer-Sway Control applies brake pressure to individual tires and manages engine torque to help you maintain control of your trailer in difficult driving conditions.
- Available Atkinson-cycle 3.5L V6 Engine with direct injection offers the perfect blend of efficiency and power.
Test Drive The Toyota Tacoma With University Toyota!
The Toyota Tacoma is the perfect pickup if you need a truck to handle your everyday tasks and your jobs around Morgantown. Now that you know how much a Toyota Tacoma can tow, learn more about the Tacoma trim levels and available features in our online model showroom, then contact our finance team when you’re ready to apply for financing.
More from University Toyota
2020 Toyota RAV4 trim levels are a great option for Fairmont area drivers to consider if they’re looking for high-performance at a great value. Starting at just $25,850 MSRP* with a range of standard features, you’ll get your money’s worth if you’re leaning towards the base model RAV4 configuration. Deciding which RAV4 configuration is right…
One of the most important Toyota rav4 deals near Morganton, WV you can find around is a deal that is going to be able to give you the best value for your investment, and here at University Toyota, we are confident we can deliver that sort of deal to you if you come into our…
When hunting for a Toyota dealer near me Morgantown, WV, it’s important to understand that some are better than others. This may seem like common sense, but you need to realize that when you go hunting for that new Corolla or that beautiful, brand-spanking-new Camry, you want to make sure you’re going to the best…