Fuel Saving Tips for Summer
The summers are full of fun and excitement with all the weekend getaways planned. However, the fun can be disrupted by having to overpay for fuel during the hot summer months. Filling up your gas tank can get pricey depending on the type of car you have, the heat, and area that you live in. Don’t worry though. Stress a little less and save a little more with the fuel saving tips you can use this summer provided by us, University Toyota.
Summer Fuel Saving Tips
Keep the Car Cool
- Having your vehicles temperature at a good level can reduce the consumption of fuel. On highways, our service technicians recommend having the AC at a good cooling point.
- When the option is available, park in the shade.
Use Gas Apps
- There are gas apps that help locate the cheapest gas stations near you. If you’re not in a hurry to fill up your gas tank, take the time and locate the gas station with the lowest prices.
Monitor Your Tires’ Air Pressure
- The appropriate tire pressure can help with consistency and will help avoid low gas mileage. Maintaining the correct tire pressure not only helps with the vehicles performance and extending the tire life, but it helps improve fuel efficiency.
- Always remember that low air pressure creates extra resistance as the vehicle's engine works harder.
Use Cruise Control
- When traveling a long distance, keeping your car at a steady speed can help with fuel efficiency as the engine is kept at ease. When the engine doesn’t feel forced with speed fluctuations, it performs better.
Avoid Excess Weight
- Remove unnecessary items from your vehicle that may be adding extra weight to your car. Reducing weight can help with fuel efficiency in the long run!
- Fuel consumption goes up if you drive faster than 55 to 60 miles per hour. Unless it’s required, avoid going above the speed limit.
For more tips on how to save fuel during these hot summer months or for any other questions, please visit us at University Toyota in Morgantown, WV, or call 304-296-4401. Our team will help you with tips or finding a fuel-efficient vehicle!